Claims Management

Updated June 6, 2024

What is a claim?

Claims arise out of incidents that result in bodily injury or property damage. They can include property loss, auto accidents, injury or illness and liability.

The UC maintains self-insurance for the following exposures:

  • Property: Loss or damage to buildings and/or contents owned by the UC or under the care/custody/control.
  • General Liability: Bodily injury or property damage caused by the negligence of the univeristy.
  • Auto: University owned vehicles.
  • Fine Arts: Provides all-risk coverage for art works owned by, or in the care, custody, and control of the university. Coverage is broader than under the Property Policy.
  • Marine & Aviation: UC insurance covers the liability for the operation of university-owned boats and drones/UAVs.
  • Travel: Provides coverage for a wide variety of accidents and incidents to official university business travelers.
  • Workers Comp: Benefits for university employees when their injury or illness arises out of or is caused by their work.

How to submit a claim?