Updated September 6, 2023
UC Irvine Risk Services is committed to reducing the ‘Cost of Risk’ through the implementation of a variety of training and loss prevention programs. These programs target reducing the frequency and severity of insurance claims impacting UC's self-insurance programs.
In conjunction with UCOP a special fund has been established to support this effort.
- Auto Liability/Physical Damage: Loss and damage resulting from vehicle accidents.
- General Liability: Injuries or property damage to non-employees caused by the negligent acts or omissions of the university, e.g. trip and fall accidents, safety-related injuries.
- Property Damage: Damage to university buildings, property and equipment.
- Employment Practices Liability: Claims arising out of employment related exposures, such as wrongful termination, sexual harassment and illegal discrimination.
- Cyber Liability: Claims arising from data breaches and other cybercrimes.
- Risk Services monitors all campus incidents/claims and collaborates with UC Irvine departments to develop loss mitigation techniques and draft BSAS funding applications, later submitted to UCOP for approval.
- All new BSAS funding applications must be accompanied by vendor $$ estimates, and submitted to Risk Services by fiscal year end, June 30, each year.
- Risk Services accepts new funding ideas 12 months a year, for initial discussion.